Elite Screens Versus Grandview Screens – Where Is Your Best Dollar Spent ?
Value For Money – Is It An Elite Screen Or A Grandview Screen ?
Should I purchase an Elite Screen or a Grandview Projector Screen ? Where do the differences lie ? Is a question, we at Kickstart Computers hear quite often, when a client is trying to make up their minds within what brand of screen to purchase.
Wishfully, we could give a straight forward answer. As we are most times not comparing apples with apples (so to speak) within the screen materials or design. Its more of understanding what your needs are now and into the future and of course constraints that may impact the purchase; such as the amount you wish to spend.
As the budget, generally sways the most influence on the overall purchasing decision, I like for the client to think on possibilities such as
- how long do you think the screen will last before its in need of an upgrade ?
- if you think that the screen is going to last quite some time, do you think that its worth spending a bit more to make the current projectors image crisp and clean and the next ones too ..?
- what is your budget and do you have any room to consider the next level up ..?
Most clients, will have a dollar figure in mind, for what they are willing to spend and so I like to give them the choice of the two biggest brand names offering bang for buck – namely Grandview screens and Elite Screens.
A Quick Summary on the Manufacturers.
Grandview Screens are imported direct from China and offer exceptional bang of buck !
They have been in the Australian marketplace for some time (Kickstart has been selling them for about 10 years), distributed and backed by Australias largest AV Distributor – Hills Sound and Vision.
“Grandview Crystal Screen Co.Ltd. is a global leading projection screen manufacturer,offering a complete line of internationally recognized screens.In 1999,Grandview originated and was established as a Sino-Canadian joint venture in Guangzhou City,China.With the dedication of quality,consistency and social responsibility,Grandview® has awarded numerous titles and certificates internationally,like Chinese Well-Known Trade Mark,Guangdong Well-Known Trade Mark,Guangdong Well-Known Product.etc.Grandview participated in setting up Chinese industrial standards of projection screen and has acquired over 40 titles of intellectual property patents both domestically and internationally,Grandview® Projection screens are well used in applications in over 80 countries worldwide,such as Olympic Games,World Expo,Asian Games,World’s famous hotel chain like Shanri-La Hotel,Starwood Hotel,Intercontinental Hotel,Marriott Hotel,Best Western Hotel,Hilton-Hotel,and numerous administrative & educational institutions. “
The main Grandview Projector Screen Categories are:
Grandview Manual Screen
Grandview Motorised Screen
Grandview Tab-Tension Screen
Grandview Fixed Frame Screen
Elite Screens Inc. is a US based projection screen manufacturing company with its world headquarters in California and satellite offices in Australia, China, France, Germany, India, Latvia, Mexico, Japan, and Taiwan. Elite is an ISO9001:2015 certified professional manufacturer of projection screens that specializes in producing retail, commercial and the (EPV®) dedicated custom integrator sales channels.”
Elite Screens – Mission Statement
“The Mission of Elite Screens Inc. is to make cinema-quality projection screens available to even the most modest budgets without compromising on the quality. Regardless of the projector’s cost, its accompanying screen should not be more expensive. Elite Screens Inc. is devoted to matching Retail CE customers with screens that will fulfill the unique requirements each buyer has. It does so by mass producing a multitude of quality products in the most popular sizes and aspect ratios using a variety of formats that will accommodate any environment from integrated high-tech performance to portable, cost-effective solutions. The end result is an attainable, well made product that comes with all the accessories and is available for immediate fulfillment.”
Why An Elite Screen?
Elite Screens have entered the Australian marketplace some three or four years ago and during that time, have made an impact by keeping with their mission statement – offering a value for money projector screen, within all requirements of install.
They have been offering screens since 2004 in the US and have now consolidated markets within Germany, France, China, Taiwan, and now, Australia.
Large demographics, has allowed research and development to go into their product range. The outcome of this is a screen at a great price, thats also easy to use – what more can you ask for ..?
Of course, lets not kid ourselves, the screens, like most products these days are coming out of China. Comparing Apples with Apples, this Manufacturer would have to be put against the Grandview of the marketplace – Screen Technics makes their screens in Australia and hence you are paying alot more for the namesake.
The Elite Screen Range
Elite Screens have within their range
- Elite Screens – Fixed
- Elite Screens – Manual
- Elite Screens – Electric
- Elite Screens – Electric Tension
- Elite Screens – Portable
Grandview Screens Versus Elite Screens – Motorised Screens
To try and compare an Elite Screen verus a Grandview Screen lets first start off with a model that sells well for both Manufacturers.
Within Grandview we will look at the IP Smart Screen Range.
Grandview IP Smart Screen
The Grandview GRIP series are a high quality motorized screen perfect for education, boardrooms, houses of worship, and anywhere else you need to hide the screen when not in use. The amount of control and hideaway options make this screen incredibly easy to install and use, and is very easy to operate.
- As standard is supplied with IP Control, IR Remote, 12V Trigger, Close Contact, and a manual override switch.
- Simple mechanical limit setting adjustments via the motor.
- Install is simplified with multi fit brackets that can be installed anywhere along the length of the Casing allowing for mounting to wall stud positions.&bullBrackets suit wall, ceiling or suspended installation.
- Projector surface is Plana R.
- Casing is extruded aluminium, finished in white.
ELITE SCREENS – VMAX2
“In the past, our VMAX Electric projector screen has been one of the most affordable ways for anyone to bring a quality retractable electric screen into their office presentation or home theater room. It comes out of the box fully assembled, ready to plug and play, has black masking borders, adjustable drop/rise positioning and IR/RF remote controls along with a detachable 3-way wall box as standard features. The V2 takes it up a notch by adding a few new features that enhance both the cosmetic and mechanical capabilities of the VMAX screen. A 12v trigger is also included to coordinate the screen’s drop/rise position with the projector’s power cycles. On the occasion where the consumer cannot use a 12v trigger and wants to eliminate the wall box from sight, an Infrared “Eye” receiver is now also included.”
- MaxWhite 1.1 Gain black backed material
- MaxWhite FiberGlass backed 1.1 Gain material, models 166″ & below
- MaxWhite FiberGlass: Flame Retardant- Complies with NFPA 701 Standards
- 180 degree wide viewing angle
- 4K Ultra HD and Active 3D Ready
- Standard 4-side black masking borders
- Matte White material is durable and easy to clean
- Standard Infrared (IR) and Radio Frequency (RF) remote controls
- Detachable 3-way wall switch
- Radio Frequency (RF) remote capable of operating from up to 100 feet away without the necessity of line of sight
- Built-in 5-12 volt trigger input enables Drop/Rise operation to synchronize with the projector’s power cycle
- Low-voltage internal IR/RF receivers
- CAT5 cable wit RJ-45 connector for easy extension of the 5-12 volt trigger/IR “eye” receiver/3-way wall switch
- Optional ZR800D IR Universal Remote Control, wireless 5-12 volt trigger, Universal 5-12 volt trigger (for projectors that don’t have a trigger output port) and In-wall switch
- Durable metal casing for wall/ceiling installation
- Includes wood screws and drywall anchors
- Bubble leveller included
- Ships fully assembled with 3-prong power connection ready to plug & play
- Optional in-ceiling trim kit and 6″ & 12″ L brackets allows clearance away from wall
Quality and Reliability
- Synchronous motor allows silent operation with extended operational longevity and low power consumption
- Certified by AMX and CRESTRON
- GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- 2-year warranty
Grandview Screens Versus Elite Screens – The Verdict
The Grandview Screen has been a resident projector screen name within the Australian community for 10+ years. This means that its a known name within projector screen solutions and can rely on future sales coming from those who have been impressed with past models.
Unfortunately, coming direct from China and not having the western influences of a strong marketing campaign, i believe its market share will slowly get eaten up by brands such as Elite Screens.
When you cant easily go and peruse a range of screens like you can TVs, what looks better on paper, will strongly influence the overall sales of the brand.
Elite Screens sites conveys a quality product and outlines the certifications it has for reliability.
With both Screen Manufacturers having the same specifications – in short – a wall switch or a remotely controlled motor to lower a screen, how does one truly pick the differences ?
Id personally be looking at the total weight of the screens (as this most times will quickly give a feel to the overall build quality)
In truth, you cant see how the screen materials and build differs from one name to the other and so why would you a Grandview Screen draw your interests over the better presented and cheaper Elite Screens ?
Elite Screens even go through the thought of an online purchaser and mention the installation and what you will be receiving with the product.
Grandview Screens and Elite Screens both have many more screen types than mentioned within this article.
When a client comes to us, we can advise what we would personally go for and point to the pros and cons of each brand.
That way the client can make a decision on all the relevant information to meet their needs.
Feel free to give us a call to discuss,
Cheers Andy from Kickstart..